Saturday, May 28, 2011

iTunes on Windows officially my most hated application

Nothing is more frustrating than loving a device and feeling that are crippled in using it. My iPad iTunes combination continues to cause me the most blood pressure points of any hardware + sync'ing software application ever.

I really don't know if this is due to Apple just doesn't know how to write Windows applications, or if it is just a terrible design over all.

My i7 processor with 12 gigs of RAM is now over 2 years old. It is still a rather high end machine, but certainly not the highest any more. 64 bit Windows has been around a long time. So, should iTunes 64 bit really be the biggest P.O.S. program out there?

Plugging in my iPad to my PC is basically a crap shoot. iTunes may see it, if it does see it, it will freeze and you cannot change focus to iTunes (Taskmanager reports it is not responding). THEN after it finishes "freezing" after plugging in the iPad...you cannot see the device in iTunes (oh how useful). So, you don't know if it actually sync'ed or not. Some testing proves that it did NOT sync when locking up iTunes, so why the f*ck did iTunes lock up the minute I plug in the iPad. Who knows.

As a number of iTunes store purchasers have noted: the iPad will be a less than it could be (I am paraphrasing in a nice way) until it gets real folders on it and has other ways of sync'ing (drag and drop).

No comments: